· Sentiment among American homebuilders unexpectedly increased to a three-month high as builders saw greater prospects for industry demand.
Confidence among U.S. homebuilders dropped in February to a nine-month low as potential buyers stayed away, interrupting the steady progress residential real estate had built over the course of 2015. The National Association of Home Builders/Wells Fargo builder sentiment index decreased to 58 in.
FHFA announces senior staff appointments · Governor-Elect Leon Guerrero Announces Top Senior Staff for Administration FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – Sunday, December 9, 2018 GUAM – In a first round of staffing announcements, Governor-Elect Lou Leon Guerrero and Lt. Governor-Elect Joshua Tenorio today named the first members of their senior staff. The Honorable Anthony M. Babauta: Chief.
· CNBC’s Diana Olick reports the latest read on the home builder sentiment index.. Home builder sentiment at eight-month low
AP Photo/Mike Groll Homebuilder sentiment declined to 55, more than expected, in February, according to the latest data from the National Association of Homebuilders. Expectations were for the reading to come in at 58, up slightly from last month’s 57 reading. January’s report was a slight retreat.
Homebuilder sentiment fell to an eight-month low in June as a perfect storm of weak existing-home prices, rising material costs, distressed property sales and sluggish consumer confidence brewed.
Consumer confidence retreated in July as Americans’ expectations deteriorated to an eight-month low. While the University of Michigan said Friday that its final index of sentiment decreased to 93.1.
Homebuilder Sentiment Bounces Back. After four straight months of m/m declines, homebuilder sentiment finally saw a bounce this month, rising from a six-month low of 68 last month to 70 in May. While homebuilder sentiment is still pretty well off its highs from December, the trend of higher highs and higher lows remains intact. The table below.
· Sentiment among U.S. homebuilders unexpectedly posted the first decline this year, suggesting lower mortgage rates are failing to give the housing market a sustained boost amid property prices that remain out of reach for many buyers.
BSI to purchase mortgage servicing rights following capital raise BSI Financial agreed to pay a $200,000 fine along with restitution to settle allegations from the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau that it mishandled mortgage servicing rights transfers for loans in the loss-mitigation process. The Irving, Texas-based mortgage servicer entered into the consent order without admitting or denying any of the findings or conclusions.
· Highlights of Homebuilder Sentiment (April) Housing market index eased by 1 point to a five-month low of 69 (est. 70), according to the National Association of Home Builders/Wells Fargo. Current-sales measure for single-family homes dropped to 75, the lowest since October, from 77; gauge of prospective buyer traffic held at 51
Home-builder confidence climbs to 8-month high in November. Economists surveyed by Econoday had forecast a one-point decline, to 67. Any reading over 50 signals expansion.. The home-builder.
Declining mortgage rates drive refis and new-home purchases Forget millennials. Gen-X is controlling the e-closing revolution Mortgage Refis Down, Home Purchases Up. Share.. New-purchase mortgage applications rose 1.1 percent for the same period. The average 30-year fixed-rate mortgage rose to 4.56 percent, suggesting.Mortgage growth in Canada hasn’t been this weak since 2001 Application volume is flat as refinance activity slows U.S. home refinancing activity hits 11-week high: MBA. The share of refinancing requests versus total applications grew to 50.9 percent, the biggest since January 2017, from 49.4 percent a week ago. The MBA’s barometer on total mortgage applications adjusted for seasonal factors rose 3.3 percent to 420.5 last week.Freddie Mac is forecasting 6.2 million home sales this year and, if cash sales were to return to their more normal 10 percent share, that would mean 5.6 million mortgage originations. Assuming an.
· (Bloomberg) — Sentiment among U.S. homebuilders unexpectedly posted the first decline this year, suggesting lower mortgage rates are failing to give the housing market a.